Our client – IKI Lietuva – is one of the largest employers in the country. They are 5,900 professionals who want their customers to return to their stores every day, where they would not only be pleasantly served, but also buy the highest quality goods at an attractive price. IKI belongs to the REWE group, one of the largest retail chains in Germany. The REWE Group currently operates in 22 European countries with more than 15,000 stores.
Now they are looking for an experienced Data Scientist, to join their team in Vilnius.
- Creating/prototyping models to optimize shelf space, category allocation, promotions, product assortment, etc.
- Helping and mentoring analysts from other departments to increase their analytical skills
- Optimizing our existing data science products
- Automating and improving our A/B tests
- Working with business departments to help them solve their analytical problems
- Coming up with new ideas how we can apply analytics to improve our business
- Collaborating with data scientists and fostering know-how sharing within IKI and across REWE International companies
THE COMPANY IS OFFERING YOU THESE OPPORTUNITIES:
- Position in an international and trustworthy company
- Hybrid work model and the ability to plan your own work
- The company cares about the health of its employees, so additional health insurance is provided
- A new and modern office in Pilaitė with a cool space for rest and leisure
- Motivating salary package (gross): 3 000 – 4 000 EUR.
- Strong Python or R programming skills (knowledge of core libraries in respective language to work effectively as a data scientist)
- Knowledge how to develop maintainable code that we can take from prototype all the way to production
- Strong SQL skills (ideally Oracle PL/SQL)
- Familiar with GIT (GITLAB CI/CD is a plus)
- Fluency in English
- University education in a strongly quantitative subject such as mathematics, computer science, software engineering, economics, physics, etc.
- Alternatively, proven track-record of building analytics solutions (e.g. Github sample projects, etc.)
- Ideally already industry experience working as a data scientist for more than 2 years
- Retail/eCommerce knowledge is a plus, but not a requirement
APPLYING Send your CV with a subject line “Data Scientist” by email email@example.com. Confidentiality is guaranteed